The following Official Rules apply to the Global4PL Application Launch Survey and Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE WILL BE USED FOR AND BY SPONSOR, WHICH IS USING YOUR ENTRY(IES) PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. FOR A COPY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, ACCESS AND PRINT THEM FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE AT www.global-4pl.com/news.
- SPONSOR AND OPERATOR: The sponsor and operator is Global4PL 1525 McCarthy Blvd., Suite 1008 Milpitas, CA 95035. (“Sponsor”).
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Global4PL Application Survey & Contest (this “Sweepstakes”) begins on October 21, 2014 at 4:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”), and ends on November 4, 2014, at 5:00 PM PDT (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Individuals who are or were employees of Global4PL or its affiliates, manufacturers, sales representatives, subsidiaries or parent companies, advertising/sales promotion agencies, or judging organizations since July 12, 2010 and the immediate families of each are not eligible. Entry materials become the property of Global4PL and will not be acknowledged or returned. The winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER: there are two (2) methods of entering this Sweepstakes:
- Online: This method of entry will be available by taking the online Global4PL Application survey available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8MJFMHB and following the directions provided to fill out and submit the required entry information.
- Mail: Entries may be submitted by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Attn: Survey Responses
1525 McCarthy Blvd., Suite 1008
Milpitas, CA 95035
- Entries submitted by mail must include the entrant’s first and last name, home and/or cell phone number, email address, mailing address, and birthdate.Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, damaged, delayed, destroyed, garbled, mutilated, misdirected, illegible or lost entries. All mailed entries must be postmarked by November 4, 2014 and received by Sponsor by November 11, 2014. Limit one entry per envelope. Entrant may receive up to a maximum of one (1) total entry in the Sweepstakes, regardless of method of entry.
- WINNER DETERMINATION/DRAWING: Sponsor will select winner(s) from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period in a random drawing on or about December 2, 2014 in Milpitas, California. Sponsor will select eleven (11) winners. Limit one (1) prize per person. Entrants need not be present to win. Potential winners will be notified by email or phone. If any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if winner does not respond to notification within five (5) business days of the date of notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be chosen. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within fourteen (14) calendar days of notification in order to receive a prize. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant submitting his or her entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder.
- PRIZES/ODDS. Sponsor will award a total of eleven (11) prizes. One (1) prize consists of a two night weekend stay at a vacation cabin in Tahoe with a retail value of approximately $500, and ten (10) prizes consist of Starbucks gift cards with retail values of $50 each. Approximate aggregate prize value: $1,000. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes and associated expenses, including, without limitation, federal, state and local sales and income taxes, luxury taxes, and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of a prize is permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Sponsor makes no representation to winner as to the fitness or suitability of the prize for any purpose, and Sponsor hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize.
- GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrant hereby waives and releases, and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, and any of their affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that he or she may have, or which may arise, against any of the Released Parties for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, travel complications, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from his or her acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, his or her participation in this Sweepstakes, or his or her participation in any prize-related activity.
- The Released Parties assume no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) late, delayed, incomplete, destroyed, garbled, or incomplete entries; (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes; (3) human error or technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or this Sweepstakes; or (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of this Sweepstakes or the processing of entries. Further, if, for any reason, this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes, and randomly select the winner from the eligible entries received prior to the action taken.By entering or participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and waives any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules or this Sweepstakes itself. By entering or participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant expressly acknowledges that these Official Rules have been drafted in the English language, and that any translation prepared for any other reason will be of no legal effect, and the English version of these Official Rules shall govern any dispute.Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Acceptance of prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use his/her name, address (city and state only), likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any media now existing or hereinafter devised, without additional compensation, where legal.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a federal or state court located in Santa Clara County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- QUESTONS/WINNERS LIST. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor. For a list of winners, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 31, 2015 to: Winners List/Marketing Dept. Global4Pl Application Survey & Contest, Global4PL 1525 McCarthy Blvd., Suite 1008 Milpitas, CA 95035.